PINOCCHIO UNCHAINED

 By Ángela López

INTOXICATED WITH LIES

"Hide me deep inside you, where no one can rescue me. I surrender, my destroyed soul can no longer be among the brave who still continue to face this cowardly world and its creatures. I just want to close my eyes to see again those clouds where the innocence of that little boy told me about happy endings. Please, no more cruel truths, lie to me with impunity.  Tell me that Helios is able to warm my icy heart and that my burning hatred can be quenched by Poseidon. Make me believe that, in Hell, the beautiful Persephone waits for me. 

Never have my sorrows drowned me, until today.  I never knew the taste of defeat, until today. Now I will immerse myself in my own sorrow and embrace it inside this bottle. Each sip will satiate my longing for happiness… Oh sweet bitterness! What it was never possible for me to touch, I will drink then.

No! It is not a farewell, it is the beginning of a happy hangover far from sober reality". 

- Angela Lopez

What is really worth living is a subjective decision, millions of paths where each person leaves a beautiful mark or a sad scar.  We struggle to achieve that which gives purpose to that existence that was granted to us without knowing it; where pain is inevitable, but so is joy, as long as we sharpen our senses.  Feeding the heart with love is what grants us the courage to face what unjustly seem invincible monsters, washing the wounds with forgiveness is what grants us the peace to see what sadly seems invisible. 



We are surrounded by self-deception decorated with idealized realities, all in an attempt to avoid feeling pain.  However, doing this does not protect us from it, on the contrary, we are only adding latent frustration that in the end will explode loudly. I tend to think how much truth and how much lie my deep look keeps. I try to act according to my values, but I ask myself how many times I have tried to deceive myself in order to avoid suffering and obtain a false well-being. Where does self-confidence end and self-deception begin?



I don't like that stealthy snake seducing me with the apple of evasion, and I haven't been interested in playing the naive Eve either. Although I don't deny that Pinocchio was able to fool me a couple of times. I think the point is to accept what cannot be changed in order to make us aware of how to change what we do not want to accept.

Yes, life is a valley of pain; but even the cemetery has roses that perfume it. Yes, I know you have looked at yourself several times in the mirror with the decision to give up. And, for that very reason I suggest you give up playing that clown who makes up a smile during the day, only to be shipwrecked in the night in the sea of tears.  Leave the makeup only for your face, not for your soul, rather, analyze why so much sadness makes you curse everything you represent.  Don't be afraid to talk openly with yourself, listen to yourself, embrace yourself and forgive yourself. Then, forgive the world for not being the paradise you wanted.  

Precisely the beauty of your life hides behind the bellicose Pinocchio that whispers lies to you, observe your being as it is, accept that you do not have control over everything and that, in fact, you never will. Correct what you can change in order to interact harmoniously with your environment.  



Understand that perfection travels on the beam of a shooting star, you cannot go after it, because your mission is to bring light to your overwhelmed mind.

WWW.ANGELALOPEZ.CO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNDERSTANDING IN TIMES OF ANGER

Door: THE SMILE CURVE

Door: DEFOCUSING, FOCUSING